We are looking for an experienced cellarhand to join the team for 2023. The role is perfect for someone wanting to use their hands as well as their experience and knowledge to ensure high quality wines are produced. Fermentation management, small batch red fruit processing, laboratory work, barrel management as well as cellar hygiene are critical areas of the job. Assisting in the vineyard with bird netting and grape picking will also be required.
This is an exciting and challenging role for someone looking to work in a small winery with the opportunity to be involved in all winemaking processes. There is also the possibility to stay on within the company after vintage to assist with disgorging, planting vines as well as tirage in early spring.
- Have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid existing Australian work visa
- Have worked in wineries for at least 5 years
- be able to work unsupervised, following OH & S procedures
- be diligent at record keeping and keep a clean work area
- be able to work weekends and some late shifts
- be a hands on, motivated and happy worker
- Have Australian forklift license and experience
Please forward a copy of your CV and cover letter using the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ link above.