We have a number of opportunities now available to join the exciting environment at our DC/CDC. We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive workforce in the DC, and for those with the right attitude and are of course IKEA cultures and values ambassadors, there are opportunities for growth and upskilling, no qualifications required!
Do you enjoy working in a hands-on environment? We are looking for co-workers to join the team who have:
- A ‘Togetherness’ mindset where you’ll work closely with your team and other departments yet also be able to work independently
- Ability to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment and an energetic approach as you will be on your feet all day
- A safe mindset, and being comfortable with physical work and manual handling, including repetitive lifting
- A passion for optimising supply chain and logistics operations with a strong customer focus, ensuring we keep the customer in mind no matter what we do
- A forklift licence is not needed, but willing to obtain one. An LO or LF licence is favourable
- We are looking for both early birds and night owls, available either for the 6am–2pm shift, or 2pm–10pm shift
As a Warehouse Co-worker, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Picking, packing and checking of products in line with in-store and/or online customer orders within set KPIs
- Replenishing your assigned area to ensure it is fully stocked and available for customers
- Using inventory systems to ensure stock availability is as accurate as possible
- Ensuring IKEA SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) rules and guidelines are followed throughout the process to ensure the safety of both customers and colleagues.
Together as a team
Together the Logistics team are behind the scenes that make sure IKEA products are always readily available to the many people. We use our supply process expertise to balance range and space capacity with forecasting and ordering to provide customers with high availability while minimising costs. This is one department always challenging effective and efficient ways of picking up the products for our customers all with the end goal of working together to improve the customer experience at IKEA!
We offer many benefits at IKEA other than just having the opportunity to work for a global company! Along with a focus on your personal and career development goals and being a part of an inclusive culture driven by values, you will be entitled to great initiatives including above award rates, penalty rates (including Sundays and public holidays), 5 weeks of annual leave, co-worker discount, subsidised meals in our co-worker restaurant, free parking and our TACK! loyalty program. If you’re interested in working with us, apply now!
These opportunities are permanent part time, contracts range from 40-60 hours a fortnight.